Skip to content
- If you use a walker or wheelchair, check all exits to be sure you get through the doorways.
- Make any necessary accommodations – such as providing exit ramps and widening doorways – to facilitate an emergency escape.
- Speak to your family members, building manager or neighbors about your fire safety plan and practice it with them.
- Contact your local fire department’s non-emergency line and explain your special needs. Ask emergency providers to keep your special needs information on file.
- Keep a phone near your bed and be ready to call 911 if a fire occurs.